Cookie statement for the Data.be bvba website
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data or text files that are placed by websites on your local computer, tablet, smartphone or other mobile device. These cookies can have a variety of purposes: for example, there are technical cookies (e.g. to remember language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies) and tracking cookies (cookies that track and retain details of what you do at the website so that the site can offer you a better user experience).
Belgian legislation includes a number of requirements in relation to cookies and their use at websites. Implementation in Belgium is derived from the European e-privacy directive, which states that cookie usage and the legislation on cookies is dealt with differently in each European country.
What do these cookies do?
Data.be bvba wishes to give you as much information as possible about this new legislation and about which cookies the company uses. Cookies help Data.be to enhance your visit to the website, to remember the technical choices made (such as a language choice, newsletter, etc.), and to display more relevant services and offers to you.
If you wish to view the Data.be bvba website properly, you are recommended to ‘allow’ cookies. However, if you would prefer not to, you are at liberty to switch off cookies (also see the section on “How can I manage my cookies?”).
What sort of cookies does data.be use?
To be able to view the Data.be bvba website properly, we recommend that you activate cookies on your computer, tablet, smartphone or other mobile devices. If the cookies setting is not switched on, it is possible that we will not be able to guarantee a problem-free visit to our website.
- Google Analytics: allows us to record statistics and is an external tool helping website owners to measure how users interact with website content and providing visuals and reports on website visitors and thier aggregated behaviour in order to improve our services.
- Intercom: Provides an external tool and API to tracking how user visit the data.be website and obtain feedback in order to improve the personalised use of our services, provide support and customise the visit by strengthening it with custom messages.
- Facebook: This social media platform allows you to easily register or connect to our website. It enables you to share our company information overview and search results in your network. Facebook provides data.be with aggregated overview of visitor patterns and profiles to improve and personalise our services.
However, if you would still prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Data.be bvba, you can adjust your browser settings as set out below.
How can I manage my cookies?
There are various options possible for managing cookies. Please visit the page in your browser to see how you can manage cookies.
- Google Chrome:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=nl
- Mozilla Firefox:http://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:http://windows.microsoft.com/nl-NL/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Apple Safari:http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042